Cedar Valley Cyclists Membership Information
Whatever your primary interests, CVC has a lot to offer. We are a diverse group of people, comprising adults, children, singles, families and couples, all of whom are interested in some facet of bicycling. We have a year-round season of cycling and related activities, and urge your participation in and assistance with them. We truly feel that we offer something for everyone. Here’s just a sample of what we offer during a typical year:
1. Short and medium distance evening rides during the spring, summer and fall.
2. Approximately five fully supported overnight weekend tours from April through October.
3. Medium to long distance fully supported one-day rides during the cycling season.
4. An entertaining, informative newsletter ten times a year.
5. Charter and baggage service to, from and during the country’s biggest cycling event—RAGBRAI.
6. Several get-togethers per year for members, in the form of meetings, parties or instructional events, for which the club often provides beverages and or food.
7. The chance to meet, cycle and mingle with the most interesting, friendly group of cyclists you are likely to find anywhere.
In short, you can participate as much or as little as you wish. And, you don’t have to ride your bicycle–non-riding guests (spouses, friends, children, etc.) are welcome at our activities. We hope to see you a lot, though. We think you will enjoy yourself and our club, and we look forward to meeting you.
CVC does not, of course, run itself. There is plenty of work to be done in planning and organizing all of our activities, and we could really use your help. Please let us know where your talents and interests lie by contacting any board member (listed in the newsletter and on the website); or by dropping a note to us at PO Box 2463, Waterloo, IA 50704. You can also contact these same sources if you have questions or need any information about CVC activities.
And, finally, let’s not lose contact. If you move or change your name or address, please let us know-send an email or update your account on the membership page.